I’m pretty sure that there is nothing better than waking up in the morning and immediately making some waffles. I decided to make them gluten-free so my mom (who can’t eat gluten) could join us. It was nice to have a “Saturday Family Waffle breakfast” like we always used to when I was younger. Enjoy!
2 cups gluten-free flour (measure as accurately as possible)
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons butter
1 1⁄2 cups milk, plus some. (Feel free to use regular milk substitutions)
2 large eggs
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Completely combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl .
- Mix together the 1 1/2 cups milk and eggs in a medium bowl. Stir in the melted and cooled butter.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Add additional milk until you get a batter a little thicker than pancake batter.
- Spread 1/3 cup or so of batter onto the waffle iron and bake until the waffle is done, usually 3 to 5 minutes, depending on your iron. Different irons have different indicators.
- Serve immediately with butter and a little syrup for the best result.
- Freeze leftovers in a plastic baggie with a sheet of wax paper in between each waffle. To warm up leftovers, defrost and heat in an oven at a low heat for 10-15 minutes or until warm.