For the crust:
23 Oreo cookies (the entire cookie, including icing)
2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
For the cheesecake:
12 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
6 tbsp. sugar
6 tbsp. sour cream, room temperature
½ tsp. vanilla extract
¼ tsp. salt
1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
12 Oreo cookies, roughly chopped (the entire cookie, including icing)
2. To make the crust, in a food processor, pulse the first 23 Oreos until they’re finely ground. Add in the melted butter and pulse until the cookies are moistened.
3. Move the ground Oreos to the prepared baking pan and press the crumbs in an even layer over the bottom of the pan. If you want a defined line between the cheesecake and the Oreo crust, press down on the crust with the bottom of a mug. Bake crust for 10 minutes then set aside while keeping the oven at 325 degrees F.
4. In a large bowl with a hand mixer or in a bowl with a standing mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until light and smooth, about 2 minutes. Then mix in the sugar until well-combined.
5. Blend in the sour cream, vanilla, and salt. Then beat in the egg and egg yolk until well-incorporated.
6. Chop the remaining 12 Oreos by hand and mix softly into the batter by hand.
7. Pour cheesecake batter over the prepared crust. Smooth out the top with a spatula for best presentation. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until cheesecake is set around the edges but slightly wobbly in the center.
8. Let cheesecake cool to room temperature for about 1 hour. Then cover the pan and refrigerate until completely chilled which is at a minimum 3 hours. Feel free to chill the pan overnight.
9. To cut the bars, lift the overhanging foil from the pan and place it on a cutting board. Peel away the foil and slice into bars. Wipe the knife blade after each slice to keep the edges neat and clean.
**Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. You may keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Recipe Tips and Tricks:
-Feel free to make the cheesecakes in cupcake tins for single servings.
-After smoothing out the top with a spatula (step #7) you can sprinkle some chopped Oreo onto the top.
-Decorate with whipped cream, and Oreo