3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1 3/4 cups brown sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate chips
25 unwrapped hard caramel candies (such as Werther’s®), each broken into quarters
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
- Beat brown sugar, butter, and white sugar together in a bowl using an electric mixer until creamy. Beat eggs, 1 at a time, into butter mixture until blended; beat in vanilla extract.
- Stir flour mixture into butter mixture until dough is just combined; fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into 36 balls and place onto baking sheet. Press 3-4 caramel pieces into the top section of each dough ball. I would recommend not putting them in the bottom, because the caramel might end up sticking onto the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are golden brown, about 13 to 15 minutes. Let sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes and then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.