Looking through my mug cake cookbook and coming across a lemon cake recipe, I realized that I have NEVER posted a lemon based recipe on my blog. Although I love caramel, cupcakes, and cookies, lemon desserts definitely top my list of my all time favorites. I was shocked that I neglected to post any lemon desserts, let alone my favorite lemon bar and lemon cupcakes recipes. This mug cake is the perfect way to start the numerous number of lemony recipes that I am definitely gonna post in the future. Similarly to the chocolate mug cake recipe, if it wasn’t served in a mug, my brother claims that he never would’ve know it was whipped up in five minutes and popped in the microwave. ENJOY!
3 tbsp All-purpose Flour
¼ tsp baking powder
3 tbsp granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp grated lemon zest
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp milk
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanilla
- Spray a large mug with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl or in the mug, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder until well mixed. Using a fork or a whisk, beat in egg, oil, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Pour into mug and microwave on High for 70-90 seconds. The cake should be slightly moist when you take it out of the microwave, as it continues to cook afterwards. Be careful not to overcook.
- To make the glaze, simple mix the milk, butter and vanilla until well combined. For thicker glaze, add more powdered sugar and for thinner, add additional milk.
- Pour a layer of the glaze on the surface of the cake. Cool in mug and eat directly out of mug!