Oreo Truffles have been on my to-cook list for a really long time. I first came across the idea of a cooking/baking blog when I discovered youtube blog channels which later sent me to cooking blog websites. One of the first videos that I saw was of Oreo Truffles and I have wanted to make them ever since. This recipe is a perfect, straightforward, no-bake recipe and tastes so good. I find baking so much more entertaining when you can alter recipes based on personal preferences and this recipe is definitely one of those. I used simple white and milk chocolate, but feel free to get creative! If I had more time to make these, I would’ve done crazy sprinkle toppings and used a larger variety of chocolate.
1 package Chocolate Oreo Sandwich Cookies (16 oz)
1 package Cream Cheese, softened (8 oz)
16 oz chocolate chips or chocolate bars (semi sweet, milk, dark, white etc.)
- Crush all of the Oreos in a food processor until chopped. If you don’t have a food processor, put the Oreos in a plastic bag and chop with a rolling pin (this method will take much longer).
- Combine the crushed Oreos and the cream cheese; mix with a spoon and/or your hands until well blended. The mixture will be very sticky.
- Roll cookie mixture into 35-40 balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
- Dip balls in chocolate using a spoon or a fork; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs or sprinkles.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator or freezer.