There is not much to say about these tasty treats except that they are the best cookies that I have probably ever made. The smell alone is so satisfying, and I can’t begin to describe how great the flavor and texture is. I gave me brother a cookie, and he immediately started harassing me for a second and third. The lemon flavor is bright, tangy and sweet, and I would recommend making this recipe 100,000 times over. If you are tired of baking the typical chocolate chip, sugar or snickerdoodle cookies, this is the perfect new recipe for you. It’s also an amazing way to impress your family and friends with your baking skills over the summer. ENJOY!
1 cup butter, softened
1½ cups sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 Tablespoon Lemon zest
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking powder
2¼ cups flour
1½ cup powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 Tablespoon lemon zest
1 Tablespoon milk
¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla and mix until well blended.
- Add salt, baking powder and flour and mix until well incorporated.
- Roll cookies into 1 inch balls and place on greased cookie sheet. Space cookie dough balls about 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden on the edges of cookies.
- Combine glaze ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth glaze is formed. Drizzle as much as desired over slightly warmed cookies and let finish cooling completely before eating.