If you are looking for a gluten-free cookie recipe that can be considered relatively healthy, this is the one for you. Although this doesn’t top my list for the best tasting oatmeal cookie, the use of honey instead of sugar and coconut oil instead of butter makes the flavor of the cookies unique. I would consider this not only a healthy dessert, but a good option for a quick breakfast or an on-the-go snack.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the honey until evenly mixed.
- Add in the gluten free flour, carefully measured, stirring just until incorporated. Fold in the raspberries. Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes. (If chilling longer than 30 minutes, cover with plastic wrap, ensuring it touches the entire surface of the cookie dough.)
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 325°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- Drop the chilled cookie dough into 15 rounded scoops on the baking sheet. (If chilled longer than 1.5 hours, flatten slightly.) Bake at 325°F for 13-15 minutes.
- Cool on the baking sheet for at least 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.