1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup white sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
6 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup of heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon of salt
- In a small bowl, stir together the gf graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Add melted butter and mix well.
- Press into the bottom of an 8 or 10 inch springform pan. Chill until firm.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese and lemon juice until soft.
- Add whipping cream and beat with an electric mixer until batter becomes thick. Add the sugar and continue to beat until stiff.
- Pour into chilled crust, and top with pie filling. Chill for one hour.
- While chilling make caramel topping.
- Caramel Topping: Heat granulated sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly with a high heat resistant rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Be careful not to burn.
- Once sugar is melted, immediately add the butter.
- Stir the butter into the sugar until it is completely melted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Very slowly, drizzle in 1/2 cup of heavy cream while stirring. The mixture will rapidly bubble and/or splatter when added.
- Allow the mixture to boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Allow to cool down before using.
- Pour Warm Caramel Topping onto the middle of the top of the cheesecakes. The caramel topping should spread out on its own.
- Chill for several more hours or overnight.