YAYYAYAY!! It’s fall, which is unquestionably the best season of the year! These next three months are home to combat boots, rain (my fav!), scarves, cute sweaters, hot tea, coffee, pumpkin flavored foods and drinks, Halloween (my favorite holiday), my birthday (obviously the most important holiday), and Thanksgiving.
My love for baking and cooking definitely peaks in the Fall, and I have been waiting to cook with pumpkin puree for the last 8 months. Before having my first afternoon without massive amounts of homework (thanks Junior year of high school), I ran to the store and grabbed a can of pumpkin puree and some nutmeg. I dashed home and decided to make gluten-free pumpkin snickerdoodles, which although similar to my Fall pumpkin cookies, are something I have never tried before.
I made one regular gluten free snickerdoodle batch without pumpkin, and then another batch where I added the nutmeg and pumpkin to the cookies. The pumpkin cookies definitely overshadowed the regular cookies (according to my mom and I). Enjoy!
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Gluten-Free all-purpose flour
1 large egg
1/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Combine 3/4 cup sugar and butter in bowl; beat at medium speed until creamy. Add all remaining cookie ingredients; beat at low speed until well mixed.
- Combine all cinnamon sugar ingredients in bowl; mix well.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.