Oddly enough, when asking my volleyball team for ideas about what to bake, the first thing mentioned was “S’more Cookies”. Not being a lover of marshmallows and never having had a s’more cookie or brownie, I immediatly dismissed the idea in my mind. On the way home from practice, in a cab with a couple girls on my team, I look up recipes for S’mores cookies. Nothing too interesting came up, but the pictures I saw look sooooo good. So I decided that I would make up a recipe for S’mores cookies on my own. After a little deliberation, I decided that S’mores brownies would probably work better. I looked up a recipe for S’mores bars and came across a recipe that looked delicious. I loosely followed this recipe, adding and subtracting a bunch of ingredients I brought these bars on Sunday and my team LOVED them. My coach ever said that he was willing to buy me the ingredients if I would make them for him again. Its like a campfire, smokey, chocolatey s’more, but even tastier. These are definitely my new go-to bar recipe. Enjoy!
1⁄2 cup butter, softened
3⁄4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1⁄3 cups flour
3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
16 oz milk chocolate chocolate chips (of 4 large hershey bars)
3 cups miniature marshmallows
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease an 8 inch square baking pan.
- Beat butter and sugar together until well blended in a large bowl. Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
- In another bowl stir together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture, beating until blended.
- Press half the dough into the prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- Spread the chocolate chips over the baked layer. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Scatter remaining dough over the marshmallows, forming a top layer.
- Bake 10- 15 minutes or until just lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting.